All You Need to Know About Swap Naija (App for Transferring Airtime across Networks)
It’s a dawn of a new day for mobile network subscribers in Nigeria as they can now transfer airtime across different networks using the Swap Naija App. This is a new invention that wowed me after test running it.
For example, using the App, you can transfer swap/airtime from an MTN line to a Glo, Airtel or Etisalat line. Isn’t that wonderful?
I will be sharing with our dear readers everything you need to know about Swap Naija, the steps to transfer airtime from one network to another and what it will cost you for this service.
Before I do that, I will like to appreciate the developers of this App. Swap Naija was developed by young Nigeria entrepreneurs led by name Opeoluwa Aiyegbusi and Lawrence Oye. Swap Naija was unveiled at the TEDxBodija Conference which was held on December 6, 2015 in Ibadan.
How to use Swap Naija Step by Step
- Download the Swap Naija App from your Android play store (1.3MB) or Blackberry world (1MB). (Update – Link removed cos App has since been deleted from the store)
- Register your mobile network details comprising of your name, mobile number (Primary registered number that you will be transferring airtime from).
- Go to the Menu and then click swap
- Fill in the beneficiary’s network, number and the amount you wish to transfer.
- Fill in your airtime transfer pin (e.g your share and sell pin for MTN subscribers or Me2u pin for Airtel Subscribers)
- Click on Swap Airtime and you are done.
You can transfer as much as 5000 Naira airtime and a minimum of 60 Naira airtime equivalents.
Charges that apply
Please note that 10 percent charge accrue to the swap. Meaning that if you wish to transfer #100 worth of airtime to another subscriber, s/he gets equivalent of #90 airtime.
The good news though is that because this transfer goes through interswitch, the receiving subscriber gets 20% bonus from interswitch.
Blow are some snap shots from my Sony Xperia Z1 Android phone.
Need more information or explanation on how to use Swap Naija, comment below and I will throw more light.