How IT Services Can Help You in Disaster Recovery
What is Disaster Recovery?
Disaster recovery as regards information technology is a series of actions taken by an organization to regain access to its IT infrastructure after a cyber attack or any form of natural or man-induced disaster had occurred causing disruption in business.
What an Organization Must do after an attack
- Engage a Managed IT service company.
- Have well-trained in-house IT personnel try to regain access to the organization’s infrastructure.
Why involve a Managed IT Services for Disaster Recovery?
There are several key advantages of this method of outsourcing, which makes it the preferred option for many companies.
- First, a company can get various benefits which include cost reduction and IT maintenance. When a company invests in managed services, then they become a part of an entire team that handles the network infrastructure. The entire process involves a regular interaction between the service provider and the network infrastructure. In this case, the Managed IT Services Provider is in charge of maintaining the hardware and software and taking care of the security measures. Thus, there is no need for them to personally supervise the hardware installation or maintenance.
- When a company invests in disaster recovery services, then they get the benefit of a disaster recovery plan which consists of different plans to avoid disasters. The plans include restoration, replacement, or upgrading of certain IT systems after a disaster. In the IT world, disasters such as server crashes, outages, fires, and others can be very serious, and therefore, it is better to have a disaster recovery plan than relying on a generic disaster recovery service provider.
- When a company considers a managed service, then they will be provided with the advantage of having a dedicated team that takes care of all the hardware problems and ensures that their servers are properly upgraded and maintained. When you take the help of a managed service provider, you can rest assured that your servers will be protected from any data loss and malicious attacks. The service provider can also provide solutions for data loss due to viruses and hackers. There are many different threats these days that involve data loss.
What is involved in the Data Recovery Process?
In the IT service industry, there is a great deal of focus on data recovery after a disaster because this is a natural disaster that can happen without warning and hence, can cause irreparable loss of data.
- The first thing that a company does after a cyber attack is to take preventive measures so that they can avoid further damage. However, when these things cannot be avoided, then a managed service provider comes into play as they can provide solutions such as the backup and restoration of data. These solutions include security, restoration, installation, configuration, recovery, setup, and operation of new installations.
- Another thing is that a disaster recovery plan also includes security measures. A good instance of this is what is called Disaster Recovery Plan. DRP is a set of processes, software and procedures that is provided to help maintain a system’s security after it has been compromised. This is because when a cyber-attack occurs, an unauthorized user may gain access to sensitive information and data. This means that a disaster recovery plan includes data backups, security controls, intrusion detection systems, network isolation and firewall protection among other things. It should also contain DRP applications that protect against intrusion, block hacking and provide logins for administrative purposes.
- The third element of a good disaster recovery plan is continuity. When everything goes bad, continuity is key and it ensures that a business will continue to function smoothly even when there is a complete blackout. Therefore, a managed service provider needs to provide uninterrupted connectivity, IT solutions such as remote support, telephony, email and applications that work round the clock. In addition to these, they should also train their employees in the execution of complicated protocols to avoid manual intervention which can lead to errors and make the situation even more challenging.
- One more important element of a disaster recovery plan is monitoring. Mentioned earlier is how IT services should assist in recovery after a cyber attack. But even after the problem is solved, IT professionals still need to stay on top of the threats of viruses, malware and hackers to prevent them from causing even greater damage. Therefore, a service provider needs to implement solutions for virus scanning, monitoring and reporting. Furthermore, a cloud service provider should not only be able to provide these services to its customers; it should also ensure that the vendors and system integrators that work with them are constantly improving their systems so that their services grow in value and productivity for the company.
IT professionals from an IT Outsourcing Company can design and build an IT network. They can also offer specialized software development, system management, troubleshooting, security, and consulting services. If you want to get your business off the ground or looking to restore data lost through cyber-attack, you should look at an IT company with a good track record. IT Outsourcing Company, Technical Action Group is designed to enhance the stability and reliability of your network, computers, and even protect what you’ve worked so hard to gain, from being compromised by cyber-criminals, online technical support and services for a wide variety of computer-related needs, including network, servers, software, hardware, integrated systems, and much more.