Factors To Consider When Selecting A Trading Platform in 2022
Technological advances have led to increased use of online trading platforms by investors and traders alike. Therefore, having the right trading platform can make all the difference as there is a thin margin between gains and losses.
What is a Trading Platform?
A trading platform is an online trading mechanism that applies computer software or web interface provided by a financial intermediary, for facilitating online trading and investing through a wide network environment. Depending on the financial intermediary, a trading platform is offered either for free or at a discount. For instance, a discount broker in India, who is a stockbroker, provides trading services at discounted commission rates and high-speed trading across stocks, commodities, and forex.
Types of Trading Platforms
Two trading platforms, namely.
1) Commercial Websites
- Offered for day traders and retail investors
- User-friendly interface with a wide array of features for investor education and research
2) Prop Platforms
- Customized platforms meant for large brokerages for meeting their certain requirements and trading approach
- Traders make use of different trading platforms based on their trading style and trading volume
The best trading platforms are expected to have the right mix of dynamic features and nominal fees.
Benefits of an Online Trading Platform
Key benefits to a trader are:
- Helps execute trades from anywhere through an active internet connection
- Undertake multiple trades at the same time
- Better investment management
- Hassle-free portfolio tracking through laptop or smartphone
Let us then explore what factors are essential to be considered when selecting a trading platform.
Factors for selecting a trading platform
While selecting a trading platform, consider the below factors;
- The trading platform should offer a user-friendly interface, great speed, and authentic data
- Offer fast and timely execution of trades
- Provide innovative trading insights including real-time quotes, charts, news feeds, and premium analysis
- Offer top-notch security features
- Dynamic trading interface with minimal downtime
- Provide comprehensive databases for traders and investors with enhanced security, transparency, and liquidity features
- Provide a robust and well-networked environment for traders to interact easily, competently, enabling suitable search criteria and efficient negotiation of online trades within the trade parameters
- Offer affordable fees or discounts. For instance, traders who apply a scalping trading strategy prefer low-fee charging trading platforms.
Why Trading Platforms?
The increasing financial literacy in India has led to more people learning to invest and grow their money in Nation. So, key factors for selecting a trading platform become critical for your stock market trading journey. For instance, for stock market beginners or small investors, getting the help of discount brokers to start with could be a good option. A discount broker would handle order execution for its clients; however, it does not provide any kind of analysis or advice regarding trading. At such times, trading platforms would be the best option.
With the right trading platform, you get to enjoy the best services at nominal charges apart from hassle-free trading.