What P-YES is all About: P-YES Registration, Goals and Eligibility
Update: Information on Successful Shortlisted Pyes Candidates below
P-YES is the Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme. This scheme is powered by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and coordinated by the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Youth and Student Affairs.
The P-YES is aiming to create at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities through direct youth empowerment over a period of two years according to the coordinator.
Who is Eligible to apply for P-YES
To be eligible to apply for the Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme, you must be a Nigerian male or female within the ages of 18 -40 years. This is the “Youth Age” as stated in the Nigerian National Youth Policy.
The Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) has been conceived and designed to:
- Fight and reduce unemployment among Nigerian youth by creating at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities.
- Train and empower youth to have the capacity to empower at least one other youth within his/her immediate community.
- Create wealth among the growing youth population.
- Guarantee sustained income for the target group.
- Fight the scourge of criminality and drug abuse among the youth by empowering them to be productively engaged.
- Help achieve the financial inclusion strategy of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Enhance production, productivity and value addition for new and existing urban and rural entrepreneurs across the 774 Local Government Areas in Nigeria on a sustainable basis.
- Consolidate and integrate youth development into the main stream of government policies, programmes and the national budget.
- Build the capacity of the youth to enable them take charge of their own well-being and future by building their assets and realizing their potentials.
- To integrate the youth into the Economic Diversification policy of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Contribute to GDP growth through the development of Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs).
P-YES Recruitment Requirement for Eligible Applicants
The below listed are the requirements for applying for the P-YES;
- Applicant must be Nigerian male or female within the ages of 18 – 40.
- Applicant must show the basic capacity to learn and be teachable.
- Applicant must have, at least, one valid means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card – PVC).
- Applicant must provide a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB) to qualify for benefitting from the scheme.
- Applicant must show ability to communicate in Basic English language and or any local Nigerian language.
- Provable upright character and a stable mind.
- Applicant must provide a guarantor preferably a community or religious leader.
- Ability to secure the endorsement of a local government official.
- Beneficiary should posses the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor pairs within their communities.
- Applicants Must Complete a guarantor’s form.
P-YES Guarantor Form
Follow link to view and download P-YES Guarantor Form.
To know more about the P-YES program and how to register, keep reading.
The P-YES Intervention targets to Empower Youth in the following sectors;
- Fashion and Beauty
- Food & Beverages
- Technology Acquisition
P-YES Recruitment Application Procedure
Applying for the P-YES is easy but make sure you are qualified as stated above.
Also note, when applying for the P-YES, make sure you do so with an email you have access to and your own mobile number. This is because a code is sent to you through that medium and the code is required to continue the registration process.
Visit the P-YES Registration link to start your registration now – https://applicant.p-yes.gov.ng/signup
Please note that p-yes registration is free.
You can also contact P-YES coordinators through their email if you encounter any issue during registration – email@example.com
Benefits of P-YES
Successful applicants will benefit the following from the P-YES;
- Entrepreneurial and Employability Skills.
- National Skill Qualification Certificate
- Monthly Stipends
The coordinators of the Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme is taking this programme very seriously hence every successful applicant should expect to be monitored as there are Impact Assessment, Compliance and Evaluation Monitoring team that will be sent out to make sure beneficiaries of the scheme operates within the scheme guidelines.
Listed below are the work of the P-YES Monitoring Team:
- Monitor beneficiaries’ usage of empowerment tools.
- Monitor the growth pattern of the business the beneficiary undertakes.
- Ensure that the beneficiary understands and implements the scope of the scheme.
- Ensure that the beneficiary mentors and establishes another person in the business he or she engages in over a period of twelve months from the date of benefiting from the scheme.
What is Expected From P-YES Beneficiaries
- Be productively skillful in chosen areas of vocation.
- Ensure the sustenance of benefits derived from P-YES.
- Mentor other members of their community.
- Ensure all empowerment tools in their care are properly maintained and utilized.
- Ensure knowledge transfer around their communities.
- Beneficiary is expected to display the ability to drive his or her business profitably with clear capacity for growth.
Return on Investments (ROI) Model
The P-YES initiative has developed an ROI model that will be given to every selected beneficiary. The purpose of the ROI model is to help the beneficiaries keep track of their business to ensure profitability.
The tracker also serves as a tool for efficient monitoring and assessment by the P-YES monitoring team.
Reward For Outstanding Beneficiaries
The P-YES programme has also put in place reward schemes for participants who have profitably operated their business over a period of one year. Not every participant will be rewarded, only the outstanding participants.
The P-YES is a programme every unemployed youth should consider as it gives you the opportunity to learn skills that will help you become self dependent as well as get paid while you’re learning. The scheme will accept the first 100,000 qualified applicants. So hurry up and do your p-yes registration now – https://applicant.p-yes.gov.ng/signup
You can also share this information with your friends and family.
Update on Pyes Shortlisted Candidates
Please note that the first batch registration for the Pyes program has closed and successful candidates shortlisted in some states. Messages has been sent to the successful candidates. If you got any message from the organizers, please follow instructions or wait for further directives from the promoters of the P-Yes program.
Remember, do not give any individual money (bribe) to help you get shortlisted. The program is completely free.
Update (31/5/2019): P-Yes website has been down for a while now. Was this programme designed to woo the youths to vote for the incumbent and stopped after they have won the election or just a technical error? We will found out, but in the mean time, subscribe to our page to get updates and when the site comes up.