Still Not Sure About ChatGPT? Here’s Where to Start
ChatGPT is the unofficial marketing buzzword of 2023. A recent poll of 1,000 business leaders reveals that almost 50 percent currently use ChatGPT, and 25 percent of these users have saved $75,000+ since adopting this tool. Moreover, 90 percent of business leaders agree ChatGPT experience is valuable for job seekers.
Of course, there are still concerns that ChatGPT will replace the need for human employees or that it could generate inaccurate, low-quality content. With a new and trailblazing platform, it’s normal to feel some initial reservations; however, 55 percent of current users think it churns out “excellent” deliverables. So if you’re curious about this technology but don’t know how best to utilize it, here are a few unique ways to take ChatGPT for a spin!
Automate and Personalize LinkedIn Messages
LinkedIn is one of the most effective platforms to connect with recruiters, generate leads or increase your business network — and ChatGPT can streamline that process for you. Earlier this year, a TikTok reel went viral for showing users how to combine ChatGPT and Google Sheets to gather relevant information about specific leads automatically, then write a LinkedIn DM tailored to each recipient. From there, you just have to plug it into LinkedIn’s messenger function, and virtual outreach has never been more accessible.
Learn How to Produce Effective Software Code
- Assign ChatGPT a specific role. (“You are a world-class programmer.”)
- Outline an overview of the coding project in clear and concise terms.
- Break down the more technical details into step-by-step instructions.
- Show ChatGPT an example block of code to refine the output it yields.
- Use simple commands — being too complex can result in coding errors.
Build a Framework for Drafting a Business Plan
If you want to launch a new company, a business plan can make that vision a reality. A recent QuickBooks survey found that almost 70 percent of successful entrepreneurs advise writing a business plan — and it’s not hard to see why. This document helps you secure investments, conduct market research, identify potential customers, and map out long-term objectives. Still, creating a business plan entirely from scratch can feel daunting, so ask ChatGPT to build the main framework. Your only job is to fill in the specifics.
Formulate Creative Social Media Content Ideas
Social media is currently the lead marketing channel across industries, with the total amount of advertising spent on TikTok, Instagram, and other sites projected to hit $300 billion in 2024. But with so many brands competing for visible real estate on these platforms, ensuring your content stands out is essential. It might seem like a tall order to brainstorm unique, creative, original posts consistently — but fear not, ChatGPT has you covered. Here’s how this tool can help generate a fresh batch of social media content ideas:
- Ask ChatGPT to compile relevant hashtags or keywords your target audience searches for on social media.
- Use ChatGPT to write compelling headlines and entertaining captions to attract (and retain) the viewer’s attention.
- Have ChatGPT formulate a customer persona for the main demographic that your social media content is speaking to.
- Task ChatGPT with curating multimedia elements to increase the visual appeal of blog posts and text-based content.
- Harness ChatGPT for content brainstorming sessions. Think: infographics, countdowns, DIY tutorials, calls to action, product launches, memorable flashbacks, interactive polls, behind-the-scenes videos, etc.
Generate a Vacation Itinerary for Your Next Trip
Sure, ChatGPT can streamline your business operations and refine your marketing initiatives. But it’s not all work on this platform — there’s room for play too! More than one-third of travelers will use ChatGPT to plan their vacations within the next 12 months, so if you have a trip on the horizon, harness this tool to maximize your fun. For instance: “Create a 3-day, 2-night itinerary in Los Angeles for two tourists who are new to this city.” Thanks to ChatGPT, you’ll discover must-visit attractions, restaurants, or other local gems.
Get Started with ChatGPT and See What the Hype Is About
ChatGPT is a remarkable platform that will change how you use the internet, whether for business, pleasure, or anything in between. So if you’re still on the fence about this technology, just start experimenting. Consider these tips your launchpad — and if you want further inspiration, check out a few strategies to write effective ChatGPT prompts for articles, social media posts, e-newsletters, website copy, and so much more!