How much does it cost to take CCIE exam?
It is no doubt that Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) is one difficult exam to consider. There is also no arguing that the CCIE is pretty expensive, to say the least. But, it is turning out to be a big investment from your side for sure. Much like with any other investment, it is vital to know how much you need to spend to determine whether it is worth pursuing or not. So, the time has come when you need to look at every possible expense-related detail, which will occur while trying to earn CCIE. It will include the travel, exam cost, and also the study material to follow.
Not always your first cert
You must remember that CCIE will not just take place in a vacuum. Technically speaking, there won’t be any prerequisites for taking the CCIE. But, none of you will be going into the exam cold.
- CCIE is noted as an expert-level certification in three-part series. It is always assumed to be quite a major knowledge to consider.
- You get the chance to gain that said knowledge with recommended 3 to 5 years of experience or even some more entry-level Cisco exam.
In case you are willing to get a holistic view of the CCIE costs, then CCNP and CCNA must be taken well into consideration. Understanding the costs of the Cisco proctored exams will be a major call of action.
- All the CCNAs are mainly $300, except for the R&S track over here.
- Then you have ICND1 and ICND2 for $165 each.
- You have the combined 200-105 ICDN2 of around $325.
- All the CCNPs are going to be $300.
All you have to do is just add them up, and you will receive your first number. The recommended exams in CCIE, along with the certification exam costs, will be somewhat around $650.
In the same way, the CCNA is not the first certification that people opt for. Most of the experts will start with CompTIA or the Microsoft exams. So, it will be a long road to CCNA and a longer road to CCIE.
More towards the costing of it
The least expensive way to earn CCIE is by just passing both exams right at the same time. It is not going to be a small feat and also not the shortest success path to follow. There are years of hands-on experience with complex and large networks that will make it easier to learn the materials.
Once you have procured the highest level of experience, you might consider taking on this beast of certification, and it starts with the written exams.
Written exam – $450 plus the times taken
When you feel you are ready for CCIE, you will start by taking the written exam. There are 400-level expert exams, which are for two hours and will have 90 to 110 questions. Once you have passed the written section, it is time for the Cisco CCIE Enterprise lab exam cost and the lab exam.
You will have around 10 months after the written exam to take the lab and pass it. The written exam remains good for 3 years. Most people would take lab exams at various times.
CCIE lab exams – $1600 plus the times taken
With the CCIE written exam all cleared, it is time to prepare for lab one. The exam will be tough, and there is a number floating that the average CCIE takes around 2.3 times of lab portion before passing.
- For each attempt, you need to pay $1600 along with the travel and the lodging. So, overall, the CCIE lab exam might take you somewhat around $4900.
- But, there is a silver lining to it. You can take lab exams multiple times without going for the written exam all over again.
- As long you have tried within the 3 years’ time, the written exam is valid. There is no inexpensive way to pass it. But the least expensive way is to get it done on your first attempt.
- For that, you need proper preparation with proper study material.
Get hold of the basic price range, and you can start working on the preparations accordingly. Study hard to pass at the first attempt.