Strive Masiyiwa “ECONET Chairman” and His 24 Success Quotes
About Strive Masiyiwa
Dr. Strive Masiyiwa is a well-known international business leader and telecommunication expert. He is the Founder and Chairman of South African based telecommunication company, ECONET WIRELESS which is now a global telecommunications group with operations, investments and offices in more than 15 countries (in Africa, Europe, USA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific).
Strive Masiyiwa @ World Economic Forum
Strive Masiyiwa was born in 1961 and has been in business since 1986. He is from Zimbabwe. His business interest spans from telecommunication to Insurance, Renewable energy, Hotels, Pay Tv etc.
Strive Masiyiwa is a man that I have been following for not long time now but I have already learnt a lot from him through his leadership skills and writings. Strive Masiyiwa has won numerous international recognition and awards some of which includes but not limited to:
- 10 Most Outstanding Young Persons of the world (Jaycees 1999 – Business Category)
- 15 Global Influential’s of the Year (CNN/Time Magazine Poll – 2003)
- 20 Most Powerful Business People in African Business (Forbes Magazine – 2011)
- 25 Leaders of Africa’s Renaissance (Times of London – 2011)
- Builders of Modern Africa (2010 – Winner)
Strive is a devout born again Christian who now devotes 50% of his time to educating young African youths on Entrepreneurship.
You don’t only learn business models and strategies on his Facebook page, you also gain marketing sense, pitch approach, communication skills, business opportunities and most importantly, how to go about all these in a Godly way.
His afterthoughts on all his posts are engaging and thought provoking.
His page is popular with more than 5.2 Million likes as at July 2020 and the numbers keep growing by the day.
A lot of entrepreneurs like myself get inspiration and lessons from his Facebook posts.
In this article, The Total Entrepreneur will be sharing some inspiring quotes, business advise and thoughts of Dr. Strive Masiyiwa, that could re-shape your line of reasoning and thoughts towards business and growth for the better.
Below are some of Strive Masiyiwa’s best quotes
- “The opportunity is in the problem. The moment I see a problem, I immediately begin to think about the opportunities that can be created by trying to solve it.”
- “When you are in a business, you must join associations, (both local and international), so that you can exchange ideas, with people from the same industry, including your competitors. This is how you “benchmark”. Before you dash off to implement something, try and find out what others have done, or not done. This is really how you should be using tools like the Internet.”
- “A vision on its own is not enough. Hard work and dedication is required to make that vision a reality.”
- “Being promoted to a top position in your organisation, or even being elected to public office, does not suddenly endow you with financial literacy, if you did not acquire and develop it, earlier in your life.”
- “Entrepreneurship without skills limits your growth potential.”
- The worst “financial” decision you can ever make in your life, is to steal something. The second is like it, and that is to cheat someone. Even, if it would appear that you were never brought to account for it.”
- “Humility is that quality which enables you, to self assess, or even to accept criticism from others. It is also that quality, which enables, you to change course, if the direction you are taking is not yielding the desired results.”
- “Whether you’re a farmer, builder or engineer, the opportunities are equal: Just add a little? innovation.”
- “There is more to literacy than ‘reading’ and ‘writing’.”
- “Keeping proper, written records, is key to your success. Keep the records safe, and always have copies”
- “If you are working or you are running a business you have to set aside time and money to invest in your continued formal education and skills acquisition.”
- “You cannot get big and successful in business, without an ability to forge strong partnerships” – Strive Masiyiwa
- “The most important thing in business is to know your partner”
- “If we tackle corruption, no child would sleep hungry, there would be no injustice, every child would be in school. The most powerful force against corruption is one person saying ‘no’.”
- “You can only find opportunities if you are looking for them.”
- “If you are to be an effective “nation builder”, make it your business, to understand what is “really” happening in the economy, both nationally and globally.”
- “Always try and benchmark yourself, among the best in the world”
- “Sit Down and Calculate the Cost First, Don’t Just Start.”
- “Attitude determines your altitude, if you have a bad attitude, even if you are way up there, you will come crashing down, and if you are still trying to take off, a bad attitude, will keep you on the ground, revving your engines but going nowhere.”
- “If you say someone is good, at something, what is your benchmark? Who are you comparing them with? When evaluating capability, or success, in anything, don’t listen to mumbo-jumbo rubbish.”
- “An Organisation That Does Not Invest In Itself, Has No Future.”
- “Integrity is better capital than money. You can accumulate it just like money, and you can use it just like money, but it goes further, and is enduring.”
- “No matter what business you are in, and no matter how small or mundane, the activities, there must be “continuous” investment in it.”
I will stop here for today but as I keep on following this fine gentleman, I will continue to update this post.
One thing I will like you to know, this one thing I do not fail to do, this one thing I notice this man does, this one thing is ALWAYS PAY YOUR TITHE if you want that business to grow and for you to be called a SUCCESS.
Thank you for reading and please kindly share on social media for your friends to take a glance.