How To Discover Your Purpose
Before I share with you on how to discover your purpose, I will like you to first understand what purpose is.
What is Purpose?
Simply put, PURPOSE is living with an assignment, living to achieve a goal, feeling of determination to achieve things in life, having a plan and working towards achieving such a plan. Living without an assignment is living without a goal. When one do not know the purpose by which one is created abuse is inevitable. Lack of identification of purpose is killing many, reducing them to just a MATTER on earth.
Every man is obligated to determine his purpose on earth. God has already destined you for something; it is now left for you to determine your destiny. He did not create you to increase population.
“If a man has not found something worth dying for, such a man is not fit to live” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
God gave you brain so you can give Him rest. He also gave you head so you can think ahead.
God created you for a purpose. A manufacturer does not make a product for naught but to serve a purpose, so is it with God.
I will be putting you through on HOW TO DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE, THE PURPOSE SYSTEM AND VIRTUES OF PURPOSE as thought by a powerful mentor of mine. It will be as brief as possible; all you have to do is read in-between the line and apply accordingly.
DISCOVERING YOUR PURPOSE
- For you to discover your purpose, you need to first of all GET AT GOD who is your maker. God created you for a purpose and He alone knows that purpose. You need to ask Him to reveal this purpose to you. You can ask Him through prayer and fasting. Then you should bring out time to meditate and listen so you can hear Him. He can reveal your purpose in life through any means that best suit Him, so all you need to do is meditate and concentrate. “Until purpose is discovered, your best is not yet out”
- What is your MAKE UP? Everybody has a gift or talent. You need to ask/check yourself and know that thing you love doing. Things that family or friends do not force you to do. Things you do voluntarily. Those things you are willing to skip other things for notwithstanding the consequences. Sometimes in some peoples live, they have skipped classes because of these personal passions. This is what you need to discover yourself. I do not need to list people in this category as they are so famous everyone knows them.
- YOUR CHOICE: What are your choices in life? For example, when you are giving options to choose between carriers; a pay job or business, which will you prefer not minding the benefits? If you are to write or counsel, play or coach, which will you prefer? Your choice channel also matters in identifying your purpose.
NOTE: It is possible to succeed without knowing your purpose but there is no joy in it and you might loose focus at some point.
For one to know what one is made of or where one is going, one must note these;
- PLANNING: You must plan.
- PROGRAM: You must have a time action.
- PURSUIT: You must give it all it takes until your aim is achieved.
- PERSEVERE: You must strive to overcome all hurdles.
- PRAISE: You must be thankful to God at all times and appreciate your mentors or fathers that are guiding you appropriately.
- POSSESS: You must poses your possession.
VIRTUES OF PURPOSE
CHOICE: Even though you do not decide your destiny but in your purpose, you can make your choice.
DESIRE: This is the craving of the heart. You have to crave for your heart desires and work towards achieving them. “Through desire a man separated himself, seeking and intermeddling with all wisdom.” Pro 18:1
EXPECTATION: You have to be expectant always. What you don’t expect, you don’t experience.
IMAGINATION: This is an act of mental image formation. There is power in our imagination. Gen 11:6-15. Your imagination is as real as done. It is what you think that determines what you take.
DETERMINATION: There is power in your zeal. This gives you the energy to thrive on.
CONCENTRATION: You must concentrate in whatever you are doing per time. When you give room to side attractions you will be distracted. This is what is killing many people including me of the past. I know a lot of us entrepreneurs or online business men experience this a lot. For example, whenever you want to read online or do a little research online, you can easily be distracted by different adverts or topics related to what you are researching on or breaking news of sort. I learnt something from one of my mentors, he said “Always know the reason why you are going online per time, write down what you wish to achieve after a specific time and work towards achieving those things. Make notes of your findings and if possible, go offline and ponder on your findings individually or as a team as it applies.”
Remember To Read: Principles Of Financial Prosperity
NOW IT IS LEFT FOR YOU TO ACT. DROP YOUR QUESTIONS AND I WILL REPLY THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. YOU CAN ALSO SHARE OTHER WAYS YOU FEEL ONE CAN DISCOVER THEIR PURPOSE BY COMMENTING. IF YOU ARE A GOOD COACH OR ADVISER, YOU CAN BE A GUEST WRITER IN THIS BLOG. GOOD LUCK.
- Causes of business failure
- Financial prosperity
- Business Lessons from Warren Buffett
- Startup Lessons for Young Entrepreneurs
- Principles of Entrepreneurship