Apple Overtakes Google as World Most Valuable brand
According to a recent report by Millward Brown and WPP, Apple has overtaken Google as the world’s most valuable brand for the current year running.
The report said Apple has increased its brand value to $247 billion, a rise of 67% year on year. Google which is now number two also grew, achieving a 9% value increase to reach $173.7 billion.
The report gave the total value of world top 100 brands to now worth $3.3 trillion.
The latest report of top most valuable global brands was released on Wednesday 3 June, 2015 by Millward Brown and WPP has said.
The figure, according to the 2015 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands report, is 14% increase on 2014 and a 126% growth over the 10 years since the ranking was first launched.
According to the 2015 report, Apple is now the world’s most valuable brand overtaking Google.
Microsoft, now worth $115.5 billion, is the new number three, rising one position with value growth of 28%. IBM is in the fourth position with brand value of $93.98 billion; Visa is in the fifth position with $91.96 billion, while AT& T, Verizon and Coca Cola are in the sixth, seventh and eight positions with brand values of $89.49 billion, $86 billion and $83.84 billion, respectively.
David Roth, WPP said: “Brand value has risen substantially despite a disruptive decade. This is a pivotal moment for brand builders. We’re at the threshold of a new normal, and a changing consumer. The past 10 years of valuing brands proves that investing in creating strong, valuable brands delivers superior returns to shareholders.”
The BrandZ Top 10 Most Valuable Global Brands 2015
Highlights and key findings from this year’s BrandZ Top 100 study include:
- Technology is the fastest-growing category up 24% in the last year, the tech brands in the Top 100 are worth more than $1 trillion, nearly a third of the value of all brands in the ranking.
- Facebook is the fastest riser, with 99% growth achieved through its successful strategy of acquiring and integrating other social apps such as Instagram and WhatsApp, and an understanding of how to monetise and cross-sell its platforms.
- E-commerce boosts retail brand value as Alibaba enters ranking and overtakes Amazon Chinese e-commerce leader Alibaba entered the retail ranking at $66.4bn, helping to grow the retail category ranking by 24% and overtaking both Amazon and Walmart. The most valuable retail brands Alibaba and Amazon, which lack physical stores, are now worth more than Walmart, which has 11,000 stores worldwide
To see the latest Top 10 Most Valuable Global Brands report and rankings, and a great deal more brand insight for key regions of the world now, click here.
You will also like:
- How to Discover Your Purpose
- Business Lessons from Warren Buffett
- Startup Lessons for Young Entrepreneurs
- Principles of Entrepreneurship
- How to Start a Money Making Blog